[Live-devel] Frame to frame processing after decoding

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 28 07:07:18 PDT 2010

>I'm developing a real time video processing aplication. I discovered
>your incredible rtsp library so I compiled and tested the samples. I
>need to receive h264 encoded video trough rtsp protocol and I've
>seen you already support this. I need to process each decoded frame,
>but I don't know in witch place do this.

You would do this by writing your own "MediaSink" subclass that would
do the decoding.  (Our library does not include any decoding software
of its own.)  An object of this new subclass would then read from a
"H264VideoRTPSource" object (i.e., to read incoming H.264 NAL units).

>  I've read a tutorial about h264 over livemedia, and also inspected
>the class hierarchy and I supose that this could be done deriving
>from H264VideoRTPSink class

No!  "H264VideoRTPSink" is used by servers, to *transmit* H.264 data.
You are interested in *receiving* H.264 data.