[Live-devel] SIGSEGV in testOnDemandRTSPServer

wilton at ivision.ind.br wilton at ivision.ind.br
Wed Jul 28 18:48:40 PDT 2010

> (Bom dia. Eu amo o Brasil. Eu visitei lá no início deste mês!)
Que bom. Qual foi o lugar que você visitou?

> Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce
> this crash.  (I presume you're streaming
> RTP-over-TCP, because of where the error is
> occurring.)

Yes, I'm using RTP-over-TCP. When I disable this option in the VLC the
Segmentation Fault does not ocur.

> Also, are you using one of the ".m4e" files from
> http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/m4e/ , or
> are you using some other file?  (The file
> shouldn't matter, but I just want to check.)

I was using different files.
But after you asked I tested with para.m4e and petrov.m4e
and got the same error.

> How exactly are you "closing the connection from
> VLC"?  Are you just quitting the VLC application
> from the console (using control-c), or are you
> pressing the "stop" button in the GUI?  Or are
> you letting the stream run until it ends, and
> then quitting VLC (from the GUI, or using
> control-c)?

I used the "stop" button in the GUI. I tested also using control-c
and got the same error.

I tested with petrov.m4e and waited for the file end. NO ERROR!
I used the play button from the VLC gui and it works fine again.

I executed some times to get the back trace.
The error changes the place, but it always related to socket read called
by
tcpReadHandler.
It seems to me that the handler is using a  object after it was removed.
I think that this task need to be removed from the Schedule,
 but I don't have a good idea of the correct place.

Regards,

Wilton