[Live-devel] FPS limit

Miguel Angel Arcos marcos at a5security.com
Wed Jun 2 00:28:14 PDT 2010

Hi developers,

I'm working on an Application using live555 to obtain images from different
cameras using rtsp. I readed about the FPS or bandwith maximum on the FAQ
and I only readed the question about the packet loss. My problem not is the
packet loss, I'm suffering buffering. When I have a lot of cameras, for
example 12 cameras 320x240 25 FPS I can see buffering of 5-6 seconds in some
cases.

My code decompress all the images on different threads and the CPU have
their usage at 65% more or less. I can say that my decompress process don't
have the buffering, I debugged all a lot of time and I see the image queue
empty. Then my question is. Exist any limitation of FPS or Bandwidth on
live555? or bottle neck?

If I only use for example 6 cameras 320x240 25 fps the problem desn't
exists. All starts when I start to demand a lot of images.

Thanks in advance.

--
Miguel Angel Arcos