[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer still fails on some files

Melms, Kenneth Kenneth.X.Melms.-ND at espn.com
Thu Jun 3 09:13:56 PDT 2010

Greetings Program[s|mers]:

I'm still having some trouble using the MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer on MPEG2-TS files we bring down off of our ASI satellite feeds.

The tool doesn't emit any errors, and finishes with a "...done", but a 0 byte "tsx" file is created.

I've put together a small representative sampling (6 files, 1 MB each) of the TS files that won't index.

These videos are clipped off the heads of several multi-GB HD files, so I realize that 1MB is very short -however VLC properly opens and displays the codec information, as does ffmpeg - so I'm hoping that you may be able to figure out why this occurs with such regularity.

Here are the clips:

ftp://espnftp:guesty2k@ftpdrop.espn.com/public/live555%5Fwont%5Findex.zip

Thanks in advance,

Ken Melms