[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer with H264

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 11 01:27:35 PDT 2010

>MPEG2IndexFromTransportStream.cpp, line 220
>
>   if (payload_unit_start_indicator) {
>     // Note: The following works only for MPEG-2 data #####
>     u_int8_t PES_header_data_length = fInputBuffer[totalHeaderSize+8];
>     //fprintf(stderr, "PES_header_data_length: %d\n",
>PES_header_data_length);//#####
>     totalHeaderSize += 9 + PES_header_data_length;
>
>Question about this '9': Why this is working only with MPEG2 data?

I think I meant "MPEG-2" as opposed to "MPEG-1".  For MPEG-1 video,
the PES headers are somewhat different, I believe.

Unfortunately I don't know how H.264 video is supposed to be carried
within MPEG Transport Streams.  (Could someone please point me at the
official document that is supposed to define this?)