[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer with H264

Marco Amadori amadorim at vdavda.com
Fri Jun 11 02:07:27 PDT 2010

In data venerdì 11 giugno 2010 10:27:35, Ross Finlayson ha scritto:

> Unfortunately I don't know how H.264 video is supposed to be carried
> within MPEG Transport Streams.  (Could someone please point me at the
> official document that is supposed to define this?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC seems to suggest this:

http://www.atsc.org/cms/standards/a_72_part_2.pdf

At point 6.2 and following (below an extract):

6.2 Constraints on PSI

All program elements in the Transport Stream are described in the PSI and
shall conform to the requirements of ATSC A/53 Part 3 [1] and the following:
• When the video elementary stream_type is equal to 0x1B the descriptor loop
immediately following ES_info_length in the TS_program_map_section() shall
contain the AVC video_descriptor() described in Section 2.6.54 of ISO/IEC
13818-1 [4] with the AVC_24_hour_picture_flag set to ‘0’. For video sequences
that contain AVC still pictures, the AVC_still_present field shall be set to
‘1’ in this descriptor; otherwise this flag shall be set to ‘0’.
• When the video elementary stream_type is equal to 0x1B, the
data_stream_alignment_descriptor is not required, except as specified in
Section 6.4.
• When private data bytes of the adaptation field of the TS packets are in
use, with tag, length, and data structures as defined in Section 6.4.2 of SCTE
128 [6], the descriptor loop immediately following ES_info_length in the
TS_program_map_section() shall contain the
SCTE_adaptation_field_data_descriptor as described in Section 6.3.2.3 of SCTE
128 [6]. In the absence of such adaptation field private data, the descriptor
shall not be included in the corresponding ES_info_loop of the PMT.

I hope it could help.

--
ESC:wq

believed to be clean.