[Live-devel] memory leak using tcp

Alexandr Němec a.nemec at atlas.cz
Fri Jun 11 02:55:36 PDT 2010

Dear Ross & all,

first of all, sorry for the broken link in my last response to this topic, the correct link follows below. My e-mail client has been playing around with the links.

http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-September/003174.html

Now. I can confirm, that this old problem still exists in the current release of the code and thanks to Daniel that he pointed this out. The RTSP client is leaking memory when using the RTP over RTSP tunnel as described in the scenario above (see the link). The description in that post is still valid for the current release of the code and contains all details so that it is not necessary to repeat it here.

Our simple solution for this is to prevent recreating the socket hash table in lookupSocketDescriptor when createIfNotFound is set to false and exiting with NULL before socketHashTable is called.

Also note that this bug prevents the reclaim method of the UsageEnvironment class to delete itself, so the memory leak is even stronger.

Best regards
Alex

> Od: danielda at gmx-topmail.de
> Komu: live-devel at ns.live555.com
> Datum: 11.06.2010 02:33
> Předmět: [Live-devel] memory leak using tcp

Hi,

i built a RTSP-client with the latest source codes based on the openRTSP-example to receive H.264, MPEG4 and MJPEG-Streams. Using UDP, everything works fine and without memory leaks, but using TCP, there are four small memory leaks as reported earlier by Kamil in the following thread: http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-September/003150.html

I was wondering, if these described issues have been solved in the course of time?

Best regards,
Daniel