[Live-devel] Fwd: testMPEG2TransportStreamer support

Raphael Oliveira Barbieri raphael.barbieri at eitv.com.br
Tue Jun 15 04:39:02 PDT 2010

Hi !!!

I was looking for an application that outputs a transport stream (188 bytes)
over network and last week I found your live555 Media software. It does
almost everything I need.
I'm running a Ubuntu server 9.10 system with a local transport stream file.

In a first moment I'm using testMPEG2TransportStreamer at testProgs folder
and the transmission looks great at RTP protocol.

I have 3 questions.

- Is it possible to transmit over udp protocol ? After reading the
testMPEG2TransportStreamer code I didn't found nothing that mention udp
protocol. Is there another example program that does this task?

- My machine has 4 ethernet devices (eth0, eth1, eth2 and eth3). How can I
select a specific device to use?

- The output rate is defined by the PCR rate in a Transport Stream, right?
In case I have a ts with more than one PCR pid, which one is choosen? Is
there a way to set a fixed output rate?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Raphael Barbieri
Systems Engineer
EITV - Entretenimento e Interatividade para TV Digital
desk   +55 (19) 3579-0744
mobile +55 (19) 9111-4231
email  raphael.barbieri at eitv.com.br
skype  raphael.barbieri