[Live-devel] (no subject)

Oeljeklaus, Malte (Extern) Extern.Malte.Oeljeklaus at de.bucyrus.com
Wed Jun 16 01:15:26 PDT 2010

Hello list members,

I'm currently working on a coding project for a device similar to an IP-camera which streams via rtsp using an MPEG-4 codec. I'm trying to set up a testing environment on my local PC for that I don't have the hardware available all the time. To do so, I've been experimenting with the built in rtsp streaming server in VLC. Unfortunately it turned out, that the VLC servers behaviour differs, I can connect to VLC using the ffmpeg built in rtsp handler but when I try to connect to the IP-camera using ffmpeg I get "error while parsing header" message.
Therefore I'm currently evaluating other methods of building a streaming client and since I can view the rtsp stream with VLC (as a client) and VLC is said to use the Live555 library for rtsp handling I thought it might be a good idea to take a closer look.
My basic question is whether it is sufficient to test if openRTSP can connect to my IP-camera to be able to say that Live555 supports my device and I can go on working with it.
Additionally what I've noticed during my testing is that openRTSP seems not to be able to connect to a VLC streaming server (it says "Failed to setup  subsession: Missing or bad "Transport:" header"), obviously openRTSP and VLC are not compatible (using ffmpeg as client works fine) but how can this be since both are based on the same library?
In a further step I will need the decoded frames as arrays of rgb or grayscale values, is this possible with Live555? The website says some video processing is supported.

I've tested with live.2010.06.15 and VLC 1.0.5 and FFmpeg version SVN-r23512, to setup VLC as a testing server I took the following steps from the main window: Extras->VLM configuration->Media Manager Edition: VOD

Thanks for your help

Malte

Bucyrus HEX GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Company headquarters: Dortmund
Registriert beim Amtsgericht unter / Registered at the local court Dortmund at HRB 22438
Geschaeftsfuehrer / Management Board: Dr. Heribert Bussmann, Joseph Helfrich (Chairman), Reinhard Reinartz, Stefan Rittershaus
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Juergen W. Stadelhofer
NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or a subject of legal privilege meant only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.