[Live-devel] liveMedia and CMake

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 16 17:15:43 PDT 2010

>Making a visual studio project for
>live555 was very easy. I'll post mine to this list (or wherever
>appropriate) after I clean it up and make it suitable for distribution
>along with the standard live555 checkout.

Feel free.  However, we will not be distributing a "Visual Studio
Project" on our web site, because it is specific to one particular
proprietary development system (and one specific OS).  (Also, it
would need to change whenever we added or removed new source or
header files.)

The only thing that we will be distributing will be
OS/platform-independent configuration files (like the current
"Makefile.tail" files and the "genMakefiles" script - or perhaps
CMake configuration files if we end up going that route in the
future).