[Live-devel] Live streaming mpeg1or2

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 17 18:38:40 PDT 2010

>Thanks for the reply, I think I have the doGetNextFrame working
>properly now but I am having problems with playback. I have been
>using VLC and openRTSP to view my output. When I use openRTSP to
>save the stream to a file, it play super-fast.

What do you mean by "play super-fast"?  Do you mean that "openRTSP"
writes the incoming stream to a file at a rate faster than 'real
time'?  If that's true, then you don't have a live data source, and
therefore you *must* set "fDurationInMicroseconds" for each frame.

>  When I use VLC I can see the video but it's pretty choppy and
>jumpy. Is it possible that I'm not setting fPresentationTime
>properly?
>
>gettimeofday(&fPresentationTime, 0 )

That's correct.

>Since this is a live stream is there anything else that the RTSP
>protocol might need or do you think this is purely an ffmpeg
>encoding problem?

If "openRTSP" is recording your stream properly, but VLC is not
playing it properly, then you will need to ask about this on a VLC
mailing list.