[Live-devel] vlc getting crashed while streaming h264 encoded video data

Nisha Singh samparknisha at rediffmail.com
Wed Jun 23 02:22:35 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a file (wireshark dump) which contains the rtp packets containing the h264 data.
I have dumped the h264 NAL units into a file and each unit is separated by 0x00000001 bytes. That data from the file is to be streamed to the vlc. I have implemented a subclass of H264VideoStreamFramer which identifies the h264 units, identifies the fCurrentNalUnitEndsAccessUnit, sets the fPresentationTime and fDurationInMicroseconds.
After 7-8 packets have been sent to the vlc it is getting crashed. I am unable to identify the reason. The h264 units are being extracted correctly, the marker bit is also being set properly to identify the end of a h264 frame.

what could be the reason of vlc getting crashed after 7-8 packets of rtp have been transffered to the vlc.

Regards,
Nisha