[Live-devel] RTP over TCP problem in the latest version of library

Kamil Dobkowski kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Jun 25 06:51:47 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have a few problems. I downloaded the latest version of LiveMedia library 2010.06.22 and RTPoverTCP streaming ( RTSPClient ) suddenly stopped working. In the previous version I tested - 2010.06.11 everything was working ok. PLAY command is invoked correctly by RTSPClient but no frames are received ( I've tried MPEG4, H264, MJPEG ). When I've restored RTPInterface.cpp and GroupSocketHelper.cpp/hh from the previous version TCP is workig again. Anyone noticed this problem ?

Wireshark log shows that RTSPClient sends some commands my cameras don't recognize, RTCP packets probably, and they return RTSP/1.0 RTSP 505 Version not supported in response, but it is exactly how it worked in the previous version - and there was no problem. Is there a simple way to turn off RTCP in RTCPClient ?

By the way, is TCP using some blocking calls ? I've noticed that video stream often stops for a fraction of second on the first camera, but only when the second camera is receiving RTPoverTCP stream.

And the last issue not related to TCP. Many network cameras announce their SDP session with c=IN IP 0.0.0.0 ( they have no separated SDP description  for multicast sessions ) . Is there a way to enforce multicast on such connections ? It worked in the previous versions, but now it doesn't. I think it was usable feauture, so maybe there is a chance to add it to the latest version ...

Thanks in advance,
Kamil