[Live-devel] mixed rtp payload

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 28 15:15:00 PDT 2010

>I used SetAuxReadHandler() for this purpose

No, don't use "setAuxilliaryReadHandler()".  That's a hack that
should never have been in the code; it will be going away sometime.

Instead, to receive the data from (otherwise) unknown RTP payload
formats, pass a non-negative "useSpecialRTPoffset" parameter to
"MediaSubsession::initiate()".  In particular, if you want to receive
all of the data (i.e., not including the RTP header), use a
"useSpecialRTPoffset" value of 0.

Alternatively, if you're using "openRTSP" (as Sebastien is), you can
get the same effect by adding the command-line option "-S 0" to
"openRTSP".  (See <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/#other-options>)

>Regarding sanyo., did you manage to receive H264 over TCP ( -t option in
>OpenRTSP.exe ) ? It looks like there is something wrong with the current
>TCP tunneling implementation. I've tested it with a few camera models
>( not only sanyo ) and none worked for me ( while the previous versions
>of the library were working ok ).

Please send us the (publically-accessible) "rtsp://" URL of a server
that illustrates this problem.  (The RTP-over-TCP implementation in
recent versions should have been *improved*, so I'm a bit suprised to
hear reports of bugs here.)