[Live-devel] mixed rtp payload

kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Jun 28 12:52:41 PDT 2010

>I have a network camera which sends rtp packed with payload = 100 (H264).
>But the camera also sends some information in rtp packets with a different
>payload type.
>I believe these packets are discarded by live555, but is there a way to get

>these packet in my application ?

Hi,

I used SetAuxReadHandler() for this purpose - but you get a raw packet, so

you'll have to parse all RTP headers too, not only payload ( which is good
in

general case, because  you can read RTP extension headers ).

Regarding sanyo., did you manage to receive H264 over TCP ( -t option in

OpenRTSP.exe ) ? It looks like there is something wrong with the current

TCP tunneling implementation. I've tested it with a few camera models

( not only sanyo ) and none worked for me ( while the previous versions

of the library were working ok ).

Kamil