[Live-devel] MPEG2 indexer with DVD

nilremm nilremm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 02:33:48 PST 2010

Hi,

I have a VOB files from a DVD and I extract the video stream in a TS directly with TsMuxer (audio is not mpega, so I strip it away).
I pass the resulting TS in the MPEG2 indexer, but the tsx files remains at zero KB.

If I transcode the file with VLC (VOB to TS) and then pass the transcoded TS to MPEG2 Indexer it works. However the quality is not sufficient for me.

Basically I attend to stream a DVD with trickplay using live555,
so is there a set of tools/process to use to be able to input a DVD and having a resulting TS that can be indexed without re-encoding the video ?

Jerome