[Live-devel] MediaSession:Initiate 5 second delay

Luc Roels lroels at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 00:16:36 PST 2010

Hi,

I found out the reason of the 5 second delay. It's coming from the ourIPAddress() function in GroupsockHelper.cpp where a multicast packet is sent to determine the source address. This sometimes seems to fail so the readSocket function hangs for 5 seconds. The reason it fails is probably the fact we are using livemedia in a multithreaded environment ( each thread having it's own livemedia instance though) so it might be possible that things go wrong.

I've just commented out this code, getting the address directly works fine for us.

regards,

Luc