[Live-devel] playMediaSession H264

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 11 06:45:06 PST 2010

>now I have one more question about it. I'm only receiving Slice
>packets from the H264 Server now(type 1 and 5). Why I don't receive
>SPS, SEI or PPS packets?

Perhaps your server just isn't sending them (in the stream)?  SPS and
PPS NAL units (I don't know anything about "SEI" NAL units) are
usually encoded in the stream's SDP description (which is sent in
response to the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command), but not necessarily in the
stream itself.

To overcome this, you will need to decode the PPS and SPS NAL unit
data from the SDP description, and insert these at the front of the
stream that you pass to your decoder.  Specifically, you call
"MediaSubsession:: fmtp_spropparametersets()" on your 'subsession'
object, to get the appropriate configuration string, and then decode
this string by calling "parseSPropParameterSets()".  (See
"liveMedia/include/H264VideoRTPSource.hh".)