[Live-devel] liveMediaServer in production env

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Tue Mar 16 04:47:32 PDT 2010

Hey Guys,

I'm looking into whether we can use liveMediaServer in a production environment. At the moment, we extensively use Kasenna servers. But we've a few cost sensitive customers and I'm thinking that liveMediaServer could offer a good alternative.

At the moment, one of the benefits of using kasenna is the support utils that accompany the server. At the most basic level, logging and the ability to get a list of playing streams.

Is there anything like this available with liveMediaServer or are there open source streaming servers based off the code that offer this ?

Kind Regards,
--
Glen Gray
<slaine at slaine.org>