[Live-devel] UDP RTSP media session expires

Denis Z den.dgtex at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:23:01 PDT 2010

Hi!

I use live555 RTSP-client to receive video-audio via UDP from NVC Encoder
(vendor - UDPTechnology). I have a problem: media session expires after 45
seconds and encoder stops streaming. In some manuals I read that client
should periodically send some command for its session (for example - OPTIONS
request) - it will prevent the media session expiration.

I made the solution: I schedule my custom task using
BasicTaskScheduler::scheduleDelayedTask() and pass to the task underlying
RTSP-client's tcp socket. In this task I send RTSP-request OPTIONS to the
server and receive the response. I perform that every 20 seconds.

It works fine, but, are there any complete solution in live555? It's not
very good to do such custom-made things.

PS. VLC player doesn't keep the session alive, and as a result - the
video-audio stops after 45 seconds of transmission.

Thanks,
Denis.