[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer produces 0 byte index files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 19 08:38:42 PDT 2010

>Do you have/know of a good tool I can use to analyze faulty streams
>(ones who create 0 byte indexes) myself?
>
>Most MPG analysis tools I've tried don't work properly, so I'm left
>with a hex editor and the RFC most times.

That's pretty much what I resort to, also (plus, adding debugging
"fprintf()" calls to my code, to figure out why it's not working on
the Transport Stream file in question).

At the very least, if you have a Transport Stream file for which
indexing doesn't work, I suggest that you first make sure that VLC
(for example) can play it.