[Live-devel] RTSP and assembling audio buffer from audio frames

Denis Z den.dgtex at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 08:48:37 PDT 2010

Good day, Ross!

I mean the timestamps that I obtain in frame's callback, which is setup
using MediaSink::fSource->getNextFrame(..., &on_frame, ...);

void on_frame(void* clientData, unsigned int frameSize, unsigned
/*numTruncatedBytes*/, struct timeval tv, unsigned
/*durationInMicroseconds*/)
{
    // tv - is my timestamp
}

I didn't saw the packet loss in the openRTSP tool. As I said before, the
problem is the same on both network protocols UDP and TCP, so I think its
not a network issue.

My server is NVC1000 encoder by UDP Technology, here is detailed description
http://www.udptechnology.com/products/IP/NVC1000.html

There is no such problem in VLC player or NVC1000 SDK Tool while playing
their stream (both uses live555 RTSP client) in the same environment. Also,
the problem is independent of network environment: my customer viewed the
stream being in the same private network with the encoder, and I view the
stream over the Internet from another continent. In both cases the problem
is the same - small gaps between audio frames.

I will be glad get any advices, suggestions or ideas.