[Live-devel] Detecting network failure

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 22 18:35:18 PDT 2010

>I've set breakpoints in every callback I could find, after my
>doEventLoop() call, etc.  When I kill my internet connection
>mid-stream, I hit none of these breakpoints.

OK, it sounds like you're blocking in your RTSP client "ANNOUNCE"
operation.  This will not be a problem in the upcoming "RTSPClient"
restructuring (that will make all RTSP client operations
asynchronous).

>I am using the DarwinInjector, if that changes anything.
>

>E.g., you can periodically (i.e., using
>"TaskScheduler::scheduleDelayedTask()") check that new data keeps
>arriving (into whatever object you're feeding from your "RTPSource"
>subclass).  There's certainly no need to change any of the supplied
>"LIVE555 Streaming Media" code for
>this.<http://lists.live555.com/mailman/listinfo/live-devel>
>

>This is code that is pushing AV to a server online--unless I'm
>checking for RTCP stuff, data shouldn't be "arriving," should it?

OK, so you would need to check for RTCP packets - assuming that
Darwin sends them; I don't know whether it does.  If so, you could do
this using "RTCPInstance::setRRHandler()" (assuming that Darwin sends
RTCP "RR" packets in response to "ANNOUNCE" data).