[Live-devel] Detecting network failure

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 24 17:00:20 PDT 2010

>On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Ross Finlayson
><<mailto:finlayson at live555.com>finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
>>  I should warn you that I consider the "DarwinInjector" stuff to be
>>  deprecated technology, and although I'll probably be upgrading it to do an
>>  asynchronous "ANNOUNCE", there's no guarantee that it will continue to be
>>  supported in the future.  We have our own RTSP server implementation, and
>>  people should really be using this, rather than using this hack along with
>>  some other implementation.
>
>Well, let me explain a few things to you (you seem confused about
>why I'm doing this)

Actually, I'm less "confused" than "uninterested".  Overall, in
general, I'm just not particularly interested in proxys (or
'middleboxes' in general).  While they're often useful, supporting
them is generally not a high priority for me.

>What alternate options to the DarwinInjector do I have that would
>accomplish this with Live555?

Right now, nothing.  In the future, though, I hope a cleaner, more
standard protocol for this will come available (perhaps for RTSP 2.0).