[Live-devel] Windows Media Player?

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Mon Mar 29 14:41:12 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Melms, Kenneth X. -ND <
Kenneth.X.Melms.-ND at espn.com> wrote:

> This project, regardless of my spite, ire, anger, ideals, or bloviated
> bluster - contains Windows Media Player as a base requirement - and no
> amount of pushback ill change that...
> (oh, trust me .. I've tried..)

Depending on how you're using WMP, you may be able to extend it to use
Live555 or some other standards-compliant RTSP stack (if you're using a
player embedded in a web page, this probably isn't an option; if you're
using the standalone player, then there is no reason you cannot extend it).

Another (likely better) option is silverlight.  Send me mail directly if you
have questions, since this is OT for the mailing list.