[Live-devel] multithreading an sending pause cmd

amor massi amor_massi at yahoo.fr
Sun May 2 09:23:20 PDT 2010

Hi;
I am using multithreading, on the client side, to stream video from multiple servers.
The main thread has an array CLIENTS[] of Clients. Each Client has its own Envirenment, TaskSchudeler and RTSPClient Object.
For each session with a server, this thread creates 2 other threads:
    1- one to establish the connexion and bloc on the doEventLoop. When receiving packets, this thread stores them in a Queue.
    2- the other gets these packets and stores them in the main Queue of the main thread.
This last one reconstracts the stream and plays it.

The streaming works and I play the video without probleme.
But I have troubles to pause the streams.
To pause the whole stream, I must pause each server stream by sending the pause cmd.
I tried to send these requests by the main thread, and then by each thread on its client without success. In the two cases I can pause only ONE session.

Any idea?