[Live-devel] RTP timestamp changes when second client connected to same stream.

Marat Shchuchinsky maratshch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 23:54:53 PST 2010

 Der Sir!
I'm works with live555 to stream H264 encoded video, via RTP.
I have found not clear functionality in your code and I will be grateful if
you explain to me.
When secondary client connected to same stream I saw "jump" into RTP
timestamp in first stream.
I have seen a code and to me functionality isn't clear in:

RTPSink::convertToRTPTimestamp and RTPSink::presetNextTimestamp().
Why need to change "fTimestampBase" when secondary stream connected ???
Why connection of secondary client influence on fTimestampBase and timestamp
of first client???
timeStamp base overwrite by function "presetNextTimestamp" into RTPSink.cpp

What is reason for base timestamp use randomaly value and not real time
stamp, created by gettimeofday()???

Thank you very much and best regrads.

Marat Shchuchinsky.
// DSP software engineer.