[Live-devel] Handling RTCP Goodbye packet with OpenRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 16 18:07:39 PST 2010

>Actually you have solved for the recursive call to "shutdown()"
>issued when calling "subsessionByeHandler()" function but it seems
>it is not enough.
>The "subsessionByeHandler()" close some media subsession's stream
>with the following line "Medium::close(subsession->sink)", which
>causes some medium object to be deleted. But this medium object is
>still needed and used later in the process (when calling
>fDelayQueue.handleAlarm();

"handleAlarm()" is not supposed to get called again, because
"shutdown()" unschedules all alarm handlers.

>Roughly speaking, it look likes there are still some remaining RTP
>audio packets to be processed after receiving the RTCP bye packet
>for the audio stream.

That also shouldn't matter, because the shutdown code should also be
disabling the reception of new network packets.

Once again, unless you've modified the source code (in which case I
can't help you), I don't yet see how this problem can be happening.
I'm going to need a publically-accessible stream that illustrates the
problem