[Live-devel] Handling RTCP Goodbye packet with OpenRTSP

david cailliere davidcailliere at voila.fr
Fri Nov 26 16:00:20 PST 2010

Dear Ross,

Unfortunately, I can not provide you for the stream that illustrates the problem but I
did my investigation, and I think I'm close to find the reason why openRTSP is crashing.
Actually I'm playing two different stream simultaneously using the lastest release of
openRTSP. One MPEG4 video stream and one AMR audio stream.
I get the following sequence when the problem is happenning:

server -> client   AUDIO RTCP GOODBYE
crash
server -> client   VIDEO RTCP GOODBYE
client -> server   RTSP TEARDOWN

The first call to "subsessionByeHandler()" close the audio media subsession's stream, which causes some medium object to be deleted.
But "shutdown()" is not yet called since the video subession is still active. Therefore the alarm handlers are not unscheduled and the previously deleted audio medium object is used later in the process when calling fDelayQueue.handleAlarm() in order to process some pending audio buffer.

So the crash only happens when there is some delay between the reception of the RTCP bye packet for the two different stream, and in the mean time the handlertimeout is not called.

So my question is:
Would it be possible to force the call to shutdown at the first call of subsessionByeHandler ?

Regards,

David

  Prenez de l'avance pour vos cadeaux de Noël, découvrez notre sélection sur Voila :  http://actu.voila.fr/evenementiel/noel-2010/boutique/