[Live-devel] Non loop behaviour on live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 24 06:44:14 PST 2010

>I am trying to develop a program that gets the stream from an Axis
>cam and shows it on the screen.

Have you tried VLC?  (VLC uses the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code for
its RTSP/RTP client implementation.)

>I would like to know if there is a way to call to the event
>attending procedures without looping, I mean:
>
>while(1)
>{
>  env->taskScheduler.eventInteration();
>  // Rest of my things I need could be performed here
>}
>
>instead of
>
>env->taskScheduler.doEventLoop() // No way of doing "intermediate actions"

No, not really.  LIVE555 applications run within the event loop, so
your "intermediate actions" (assuming that they use/interact with the
LIVE555 code) need to be called from event handlers.

If you want your "intermediate actions" to be done each time data
arrives on an object, then you can simnply call them from within your
data handler.

Alternatively, if you want your "intermediate actions" to be done
periodically, then you do this by setting up a task to be called
periodically - using "TaskScheduler::scheduleDelayedTask() - and then
call your "intermediate actions" from within this task.