[Live-devel] LiveMedia in a Directshow Filter

Eyal Shveky eyals at aeronautics-sys.com
Mon Nov 29 07:00:45 PST 2010

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I Don't quite understand how the doGetNextFrame() method is working.

If I'm using the while loop, after creating
MPEG4VideoLiveServerMediaSubsession the MPEG4LiveSource that is a member
of that object is not created yet, Until I'm running the VLC received
stream. Then I'm checking if it's already been assign only then calling
to deliverFrame();

ServerMediaSession* sms = ServerMediaSession::createNew(*env,
streamName, streamName, descriptionString);

MPEG4VideoLiveServerMediaSubsession* mP4LiveSms =
MPEG4VideoLiveServerMediaSubsession::createNew(*env, streamName,
reuseFirstSource);

sms->addSubsession(mP4LiveSms);

rtspServer->addServerMediaSession(sms);

announceStreamLive(rtspServer, sms, streamName);

while(true)

{

      fWatchVariable = 0;

      dummyTask(NULL); // 100ms

      env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(&fWatchVariable);

      if (fWatchVariable = 1)

      {

            printf("\nIn While fWatchVariable=%d,",fWatchVariable);

            if (!mP4LiveSms->mpeg4LiveSource != NULL)

mP4LiveSms->mpeg4LiveSource->deliverFrame();

      }

}

Questions:

1) Looking at the ouptput (attached file) learning that a lot of
"ms:###., size=###" prints that received in My DS filter. When receiving
the stream on VLC Player on demand with "rtsp://192.168.169.128" I'm
getting :

fWatchVariable=0,accept()ed connection from
192.168.169.12810RTSPClientSession[0

0E79B20]::handleRequestBytes() read 138 new bytes:OPTIONS
rtsp://192.168.169.128

:8554/mpeg4ESVideoTest RTSP/1.0

CSeq: 2

parseRTSPRequestString() returned cmdName "OPTIONS", urlPreSuffix "",
urlSuffix

"mpeg4ESVideoTest"

sending response: RTSP/1.0 200 OK

CSeq: 2

Date: Mon, Nov 29 2010 11:41:10 GMT

Public: OPTIONS, DESCRIBE, SETUP, TEARDOWN, PLAY, PAUSE, GET_PARAMETER,
SET_PARA

METER

RTSPClientSession[00E79B20]::handleRequestBytes() read 164 new
bytes:DESCRIBE rt

sp://192.168.169.128:8554/mpeg4ESVideoTest RTSP/1.0

CSeq: 3

Accept: application/sdp

parseRTSPRequestString() returned cmdName "DESCRIBE", urlPreSuffix "",
urlSuffix

"mpeg4ESVideoTest"

parsing VisualObjectSequence

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parse() EXCEPTION (This is normal behavior -
*not* an er

ror)

.Done!

RTSPClientSession[00E79B20]::handleRequestBytes() read 0 new bytes (of
9836); te

rminating connection!

LEGAL NOTICE - Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message, its annexes, attachments, appendixes,
any subsequent correspondence, and any document, data, sketches, plans and/or other material that is
hereby attached, are proprietary. confidential and may be legally privileged.
Nothing in this e-mail is intended to conclude a contract on behalf of Aeronautics or
make it subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.
This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. Unless you are the named addressee (or
authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else, any
disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is
unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

named recipient(s) only.