[Live-devel] JPEGVideoRTPSink and Restart markers

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 27 06:10:12 PDT 2010

>I'm dealing with Onvif too and I need to extend JPEGVideoSource,
>call it JPEGVideoSourceEx. How to make the MediaSubsession create a
>JPEGVideoSourceEx class instead of a JPEGVideoSource.

You don't - because "MediaSession* is used for *receiving* JPEG/RTP
streams.  It doesn't deal with "JPEGVideoSource" objects at all.

A "JPEGVideoSource" is used when *transmitting* JPEG/RTP streams.
(An object of this type is fed into a "JPEGVideoRTPSink".)

Note that "JPEGVideoSource" is an abstract base type.  You extend it
using normal C++ subclassing.

However, what this thread is talking about is adding support for JPEG
'restart markers'.  Doing this will require modifying
"JPEGVideoSource" (while still keeping it as an abstract base class)
and modifying "JPEGVideoRTPSink".