[Live-devel] Getting the FPS at the client side

Sagi Ben Moshe sagi at netvision.net.il
Wed Sep 1 15:20:02 PDT 2010

Hi Ross,

We are writing the server and the client sides with Live555 library.
The server broadcasts live source frames (PAL or NTSC) and the client side
receives these frames and put them on a small display. We are looking for a
way to write the FPS (Or maybe PAL, NTSC) data to the SDP on the server side
and using the subsession->videoFPS() function or any other function on the
client side get this FPS or (PAL, NTFS metadata).

Is it possible? If so what is the best way to implement this.

We prefer not to get it from the decoding data.

Thanks,
Sagi