[Live-devel] Getting the FPS at the client side

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 1 17:53:08 PDT 2010

>The server broadcasts live source frames (PAL or NTSC) and the client side
>receives these frames and put them on a small display. We are looking for a
>way to write the FPS (Or maybe PAL, NTSC) data to the SDP on the server side

I suggest subclassing each "RTPSink" class that you use, and redefine
the "auxSDPLine()" virtual function to add the following SDP line:

a=framerate<fps>\r\n

where <fps> is the frame rate (in frames-per-second).  If you do
this, then the client will automatically parse this line, and make it
available to clients via the "MediaSession:: videoFPS()" function.

Of course, this begs the question of how you (the server programmer)
gets this frame rate from the input data - but that's for you to
figure out.