[Live-devel] Support for the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"

Seung-Min Lee smlee at acts29.co.kr
Tue Sep 14 00:41:49 PDT 2010

Dear Supporter

I am an Android developer and I need support on playing video issue.

Current development environment:

-       RTSP server: Live555 Media server

-       Mobile device: Samsung Galaxy S (SHW-M110S) or Galaxy K (SHW-M130K)
or Galaxy Tab (platform: Android 2.1)

I am trying to play video on mobile device mentioned above using Live 555
server. However with stream server that supports RTSP and HTTP protocol,
video is played well but not on Live 555 server (I am getting “format not
supported” error message).

I am guessing Live 555 server only supports RTSP protocol (so called
complete RTSP) thus video is not displayed on these devices.

Please provide all possible solutions for the issue and also provide open
API that can be applied for the devices if it exists.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Thank you for your support in advance

Best Regards

Seung-Min