[Live-devel] Graceful handling of socket error

John Tam jtam at ivcco.com
Tue Sep 14 08:44:37 PDT 2010

Ross,
Thank you for your advise.  My bad on the 10038 error in particular in which I torn down the client session while trying to manage these sessions.
Of course, I hope the previously proposed change to replace the call to abort() is still moving forward.
Regards,
John Tam

寄件者: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com [live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] 代表 Ross Finlayson [finlayson at live555.com]
寄件日期: Thursday, 9 September, 2010 3:33
收件者: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
主旨: Re: [Live-devel] Graceful handling of socket error

>To answer your earlier question, I get error code 10038 on Windows

This is "ENOTSOCK", which indicates that one of the sockets specified
in the "select()" call was not actually a socket - either because it
had not actually been created, or because it had already been closed.
This indicates a bug somewhere, because our code is supposed to be
calling "turnOnBackgroundReadHandling()" only on actual sockets, and
calling "turnOffBackgroundReadHandling()" on every socket before it
gets closed.

It would be nice to figure out this bug...