[Live-devel] Graceful handling of socket error

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 9 00:33:06 PDT 2010

>To answer your earlier question, I get error code 10038 on Windows

This is "ENOTSOCK", which indicates that one of the sockets specified
in the "select()" call was not actually a socket - either because it
had not actually been created, or because it had already been closed.
This indicates a bug somewhere, because our code is supposed to be
calling "turnOnBackgroundReadHandling()" only on actual sockets, and
calling "turnOffBackgroundReadHandling()" on every socket before it
gets closed.

It would be nice to figure out this bug...