[Live-devel] Many multicast sources with same port problem

Zdenek Bouresh zdenek at next-stream.com
Mon Sep 20 15:12:50 PDT 2010

OK,
here is a little feedback, just tried this on OS X 10.5, same behavior,
sources mix if on same port.

With all due respect, its rather strange that all Linux Kernels (2.4 and
2.6), Windows and OS X (which is somewhat BSD based) are all broken, an the
theory is that only freeBSD works and everyone should switch to that.
BTW:The patch provided is for Kernel 2.4.
There must be some other way.
I could accept linux broken,but OS X ?
Does not make sense and even if you are right, there ought to be a solution
in software we should have to overcome this.
Its not like its only one OS or one network stack. Its the majority.

Zed