[Live-devel] VLC does not display any video when streaming with testMPEG4VideoStreamer

Tony Glover atg at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Thu Sep 30 06:54:32 PDT 2010

Ross Finlayson wrote:
>>  The program crashed in GroupScokHelper.cpp line 635 due to the fact
>> that ctime() returned NULL
>
> This is the problem that you should address first.  I have never heard
> of anyone else encountering this problem before, so I suspect that you
> may have a problem with some binaries being out of date.  I suggest
> removing *all* LIVE555 binary files, and compiling linking everything
> from scratch.
Hi,
    I have seen this error before on windows, but I didn't delve into it
particularly deeply. It relates to the timestamp value being greater
than the windows-defined maximum time value (something like
_MAX__TIME64_T if I remember correctly). It only occurs when called from
live's timestamping function which is itself only called when outputting
debugging information as far as I know. You can either stop outputting
any debug info until you know what the real issue is or just check for a
null value returned from ctime().

Cheers,

Tony.