[Live-devel] problem about create file

yinlijie2011 yinlijie2011 at 163.com
Mon Aug 1 05:19:11 PDT 2011

Dear,
    I use live555 library for my program that receive stream media from RTSP server and save them to a MP4 file per one minute. With time went by, more and more MP4 files will be create and save media.
   I know useQuickTimeFileSink::createNew()can create MP4 file pointer, but I don't know use which function can free the pointer when it get stream media enough time. In openRTSP's source, useMedium::close()to free MP4 file's pointer. I try use this function, but my program can't receive stream media when I use it, why?
  My step is, first, send PAUSE signal; second, useMedium::close() free MP4 file pointer and create new one; finally, send PLAY signal.
  Thank you!
Yin Lijie