[Live-devel] problem about create file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 2 07:59:22 PDT 2011

On Aug 1, 2011, at 8:19 AM, yinlijie2011 wrote:

>     I use live555 library for my program that receive stream media from RTSP server and save them to a MP4 file per one minute. With time went by, more and more MP4 files will be create and save media.
>    I know use QuickTimeFileSink::createNew() can create MP4 file pointer, but I don't know use which function can free the pointer when it get stream media enough time. In openRTSP's source, use Medium::close() to free MP4 file's pointer. I try use this function, but my program can't receive stream media when I use it, why?
>   My step is, first, send PAUSE signal; second, use Medium::close()  free MP4 file pointer and create new one; finally, send PLAY signal.

This should work (I think):

1/ Send the RTSP "PAUSE" command (using "RTSPClient::sendPauseCommand()")
2/ Call Medium::close(pointer-to-your-MP4-file-object)
3/ Create a new MP4-file-object
4/ Call "startPlaying()" on your new MP4-file-object
5/ Send the RTSP "PLAY" command (using "RTSPClient::sendPlayCommand()")