[Live-devel] Confused about how to generate fmtp line for H.264 source for SDP

Matt Schuckmannn matt at schuckmannacres.com
Tue Aug 2 15:45:37 PDT 2011

I'm working on up grading our use of Live555 RTSP server code to the
latest version of the library, our old version was at least a couple of
years old.

In the new code it appears that the default behavior is to obtain the
sps, pps, etc from the h.264 fragmenter (see auxSDPLine() for
H264VideoRTPSink) however the fragmenter is not created until
ContinuePlaying is called which is way to late to generate the fmtp line
for the SDP. So I'm confused how this all supposed to work.

I'm not sure if I should over ride the auxSDPLine() in my class derived
from H264VideoRTPSink and format the fmtp line by hand or if I should
try creating the fragmenter when I construct my H.264 RTPSink class or?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Matt S.