[Live-devel] Getting FPS from rtsp stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 9 00:48:22 PDT 2011

> Im using live555 in android device (using vlc)
> Do you happen to know how do I extract the current FPS and bitrate from the stream?
>
> Do you support it?

No, not really.  This information (FPS and bitrate) is usually deduced by the decoding software from the input data that it receives.  It (especially not FPS) is not usually supplied to the decoding software from the streaming software.

We are not responsible for the decoding software in VLC.  Therefore, you should ask a VLC mailing list about this.