[Live-devel] Socket of RTSP-Server still blocked, when restarting the application

Johannes Ebersold johannes.ebersold at dfki.de
Tue Aug 9 08:03:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am facing a problem with the binding of the port of the RTSP-Server.
The Port used  by the server is not freed correctly, although the
applications ends correctly is not killed using ctrl-c, as described
here:http://www.mail-archive.com/live-devel@lists.live555.com/msg06837.html
When i want to restart the application immediately the port is still in
use / blocked / open / whatever and the application throws an exception
when creating the RTSP-Server. However, this is not 100% reproducible,
but happens most of the time.

The application streams H.264 video inside a MPEG2 transport stream via
Unicast. I initialize the server, as pictured in the
testOnDemandRTSPServer, and after the eventloop returns i remove the
ServerMediaSession from the server and then call
RTSPServer::close(rtsp_server); .

Is there anything else i have to do? I expected that the port is
correctly freed by calling close on the rtsp_server.

Thanks for advice, hints and help.

Regards, Johannes