[Live-devel] Streaming single QImages

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 16 20:18:38 PDT 2011

> I’m trying to stream single Images.

I hope you mean "a sequence of frames", because that's what streaming video is.

> My application receives iplimages
> and converts these to QImages for further manipulation.

I don't know what "QImages" are.  What codec is used to encode them?  Your use of "MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink" and "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer" and "code assumes that they are MPEG-4 video frames; I hope that's the case.

Also (assuming that your input frames are MPEG-4 video), if your input class is delivering frames one-at-a-time, you should use "MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" rather than "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer".

Finally, because you're basing your code on our "DeviceSource" example, you should use an up-to-date version of this - which uses a much easier to use "EventTrigger" mechanism.