[Live-devel] RTSP client implementation issue using live555 libs

Ashish Mathur mail2ashi.86 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 05:04:43 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am currently writing a RTSPClient application for STB using live555 libs.
The idea is to play a RTSP stream residing on a RTSP server through a RTSP
client application residing on a STB.
I was taking the reference from the testProgs like Play_common.cpp and
OpenRTSP.cpp. I have been able to open RTSP session and now want to start
playing the stream. However, for playing the RTSP stream i want to read the
data from RTPSource socket buffers and write them into a buffer which my STB
application can use for demuxing, decoding etc. purpose. But in the testProgs
make use of FileSink (or any class derived from MediaSink) and then read the
data from RTPSource to FileSink. I don't want to write the RTPSource data to a
file.
So, what i can't figure out is that can i directly read data from RTPSource
and write it into a local buffer that my STB application can use? If yes, then
how?

Regards,
Ashish