[Live-devel] RTSP client implementation issue using live555 libs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 18 20:19:31 PDT 2011

> So, what i can't figure out is that can i directly read data from RTPSource
> and write it into a local buffer that my STB application can use? If yes, then
> how?

If your RTSP/RTP is a single video-only source (or a Transport Stream), then the simplest way to do this is to just run "openRTSP", and pipe its output into your STB's decoding/rendering application (which would read from stdin).

Alternatively, you can write your own application code (using our existing "openRTSP" code as a model), but using your own custom subclass of "MediaSink" (instead of the existing "FileSink") to receive and process the data.