[Live-devel] how to stream TS file to STB via Raw UDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Aug 28 23:49:46 PDT 2011

> I have just read the FAQ, and it metioned that "STBs typically handle only MPEG Transport Streams, not Elementary Streams or other data formats. (Because MPEG Transport Streams contain their own timestamps, they can be streamed via raw-UDP, with RTP timestamps not being required.) ".  Then what should  I do to acheive this purpose?

It's the RTSP client - not the server - that chooses whether or not the Transport Stream data is to be sent via RTP-over-UDP (the standard), or via raw-UDP.  If your client requests raw-UDP streaming, and does so in a way that our server understands (because, as I noted in the FAQ, there is no one standard way to request this), then our server will stream via raw-UDP.  If, however, it requests RTP-over-UDP streaming (the standard), then our server will stream the data that way.