[Live-devel] Multiple streams - same port

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 2 08:46:10 PST 2011

> I got multiple streams working but only if they are on there own port.
>
> I would like to have multiple streams on the same port, and have them distinguished by the subsession URL.

It's not clear to me what you mean by this.  When you talk about "port" here, are you referring to the port that's used by the RTSP protocol - e.g., 554 or 8554 by default?

>  Am I correct to say that I have to create one RTSP server, create one ServerMediaSession and then add multiple OnDemandServerSubsessions to the ServerMediaSession and use addServerMediaSession to add the ServerMediaSession to the RTSPserver?

Once again, it's not clear exactly what you want, but I think the answer is "no".  Instead, what you probably want to do is:
	- create one RTSP server
	- create multiple "ServerMediaSession"s; one for each stream that you want to support - distinguished by stream name.
	- for each stream that you want to support, add one "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" (subclass) object to the corresponding "ServerMediaSession" object for each 'substream' (e.g., audio, video) in the stream.

This should become clear by looking at the code for "onDemandServerMediaSession".