[Live-devel] shutdown rtsp client subclass without stopping program.

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Wed Dec 7 08:36:58 PST 2011

I am trying to shutdown my subclassed rtsp client and because of the migration to async, I am having a hard time avoiding access violations.

It seems like the object destroys when I call Media::close and then it tries to handle an incoming response or data and then crashes when there is no RequestQueue. So fHead is invlaid and fHead->next crashes.

I must not be doing this correct. I am following the shutdown logic in the OpenRTSP, but it uses exit() so it is a bit differnet.

What is the proper way.

Medium::close(ourClient) now becomes ourself since we subclassed.